Monday 26 September 2016

Ignite Representations: Learner Response

Feedback 


Nice opening, went straight into the background of the issue and primary text works well. Clear knowledge, and authority coming through. Slides were text heavy, often more than maximum 20 words. Other issue is timing, brilliant research but too much to go through on some slides. The image analysis was promising but needed 2 slides worth of time. Media concepts are addressed well, particularly institution and the power Beyonce has by having her own institution. Superb theory, intersectionality and research such as Piers Morgan criticism. Importance of Lemonade as a mainstream text is very significant, addressed in presentation and needs to be picked up in essay. Ending works really well, a personal take on the issue and clear passion/engagement. This bodes well for the essay. Superb first question, a new wave of protest/movement? Question answered with passion and knowledge, strong opinions. Another great Q - are male artists part of feminism. Again, a strong, comprehensive answer addressing issues, history and motivation of certain groups. Another good Q - does this issue appear on mainstream TV, and if so, what effect? Good answer.

Content - 5
Clarity - 5
Presentation - 3

My presentation will lead into my critical investigation by applying several theories to create a link between my text and issue, I will also make sure that I make detailed notes on the media forms of the video itself so I can have detailed analysis.  I will also focus more into the institutions of music industry and how the fact that Beyonce owns her own media institution benefits her in terms of the music she creates. I will look further into the criticism of Lemonade and Black Feminism, and make sure that I include my own views and opinions on the issue. As for my feedback, I will take on how the issue appears on mainstream TV and what effect it has, and will look at how male artists may be part of the Black Feminism movement. I will also make sure I look at the issue from a historical perspective and see how it may be a new wave of protest/movement. I will also look at the concept of blaxploitation and see whether this links back to Lemonade and whether black suffering is just another current trend or aesthetic for the music industry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment